The Where – Lloyd’s, The Quay, Waterford
The lovely Jessika Manning, Manager of Lloyd’s Hair Salon, The Quay, Waterford invited me in for a little pampering last week into Lloyd’s and I floated out the door after it with such silky, soft and shiny hair that I never thought was possible, given I’m bleach blonde! Shauna Conlon was the name of the hairdresser looking after me. Such a knowledgeable girl and you’d know by talking to her for just a few minutes how passionate she is about her work. She’s a credit to herself and the Lloyd’s team. Shauna did a Moroccan Oil Treatment for me and it was incredible!!!
The salon itself is decorated beautifully, spotlessly clean and you can feel the good vibes from the moment you walk in. Some times in salons, I often feel a little intimidated but I didn’t at Lloyd’s in the slightest. All the girls are really friendly and were so helpful in answering the gazillion questions, I always tend to ask. Danielle Kennedy, owner of Lloyd’s Hair Salons, was shortlisted last year for “Young Business Woman of the Year” which is an amazing achievement, it’s refreshing to see a Waterford business do so well. Danielle’s salons(2 in Waterford, 2 in Clonmel, 1 in Wexford) have received numerous awards and I can only see Lloyd’s going from strength to strength.
The Brand – Moroccan Oil
Anyone that follows me on Snapchat (sarahdwan1) will know how obsessed I am with oil. I looooooove it, all over, face, body, hair, everywhere!!! The brand, Moroccan Oil, is well loved and well known by so many and if you’re serious about hair care you will love it too. It has grown into an iconic brand over the last couple of years and is fast becoming a must have from some of the top hairdressers in the industry. Moroccan Oil pride themselves in providing the highest quality hair products by using exceptional ingredients. And the smell?! My God…it’s gorgeous. The best way I can describe it is…SUMMER…so so fresh! Lloyd’s stock the whole range so you can use it at home, so I’ve put the retail prices beside each of the products for you.
The Benefits for Hair
- proven to make hair softer and silkier
- promotes shine and gloss, and makes hair more manageable
- helps treat split ends
- combats frizzy, flyaway hair
- acts as a moisturiser, helping to fight dandruff and dry flaky scalp
- helps anyone with brittle, fine hair prone to breakages because it strengthens the hair follicle
- can undo some of the damage done by chemicals in our hair dyes
- can undo some of the damage done by the use of heating appliances, straighteners/curlers
- has anti-inflammatory properties and is non irritating on the skin, making it suitable for even people with sensitive scalp
- would help anyone with psoriasis of the scalp, which is very common, and often flares in times of stress
Everything in their line is infused with antioxidant rich argan oil, which has super nourishing, protective and strengthening properties. Antioxidants are components that fight free radicals. Free radicals form because of our environment and can cause our hair to look dull and lifeless. Argan Oil, often referred to as “liquid gold”, is an organic product that is extracted from the kernels of the argan tree native to Morocco (hence the name).
Moroccan Oil is packed full of essential fatty acids and Vitamin E, which are well loved and used in the hair/beauty industries for the replenishing and restoring effects they have. Vitamin E promotes hair growth, which helps boost cells, and encourage them to grow healthy hair. People spend time on caring for the skin on their face and body, and often forget about their scalp and hair, which are equally important.
Shauna brought me down to the basin and washed my hair. She double shampooed, applied a mask and conditioner. To work in the mask and conditioner she did a head massage and it was honestly one of the best head massages I’ve ever head. I’m a beauty and holistic therapist, so I know all about the benefits of massaging the scalp. It boosts circulation to the scalp, which in turn helps your hair grow faster, when done regularly. Pressure point massage on the head promotes relaxation, reduces stress and tension. I was half asleep when she brought me over to her blow drying station.
Shauna tailors the treatment to your needs, so for me she did the Moroccan Oil Repairing Treatment, because I have bleach blonde hair and the dye dries out hair and can often cause breakages. I had a few split ends as well, and the treatment targets them by strengthening the hair.
Other treatments that are available from Lloyd’s include; Oily Scalp Treatment, and Flaky Scalp Treatment. They also have a Curly Hair Range, which Shauna swears by, as she has curly hair herself and it has worked wonders for her and allows her to manage her hair a lot easier. Below are the products she used in the order she used them.
Moroccan Oil Moisture Repair Shampoo 250ml €21.85
- repairs damaged hair caused by colour, chemical processing and heat, from the likes of blow drying, straightening or curling
- restores elasticity, moisture and shine
- because it contains keratin(which is what our hair is made from) it helps to mend split ends
Moroccan Oil Restorative Hair Mask 250ml €40.95
- reconstructs and mends your hair because of it’s protein base (same as our hair)
- gives our hair back the protein we lost because of chemically treating it or using heat appliances on it
- bursting with anti-oxidant rich argan oil and shea butter it helps our hair from the inside out
- if using at home you would need to use a conditioner afterwards to help seal the protein into the strands of hair.
Moroccan Oil Moisture Repair Conditioner 250ml €22.95
- detangles and conditions your hair
- hydrates and strengthens your hair, making it more manageable
- improves elasticity helping to prevent breakages
Moroccan Oil Heat Styling Protection 250ml €25.55
- a very clever product that forms a thermal protective shield around each strand of hair that enables it to withstand extreme heat
- Shauna actually did a heat test on the back of my hand, with and without the product, and the difference was unbelievable
- contains lots of vitamins that nourish the hair as well as helping to prevent breakages
Moroccan Oil Smoothing Lotion 300ml €36.85
- this is an all in one blow drying lotion, it’s like food for your hair
- it has argan oil, shea butter, Vitamin E and essential fatty acids
- it’s lightweight, gives a medium hold, smoothes and tames frizz
Moroccan Oil Treatment 100ml €39.90
- the star of the show for me and not surprisingly a winner of numerous awards
- multi use and can be used for conditioning, styling and finishing
- anti-oxidant rich argan oil speeds up drying time, enhances shine, detangles, and nourishes hair
- it has all the benefits I mentioned earlier on in this post and it really is a must have product…if I were to pick one product to buy out of all I wrote about today, this would be the one
After the treatment, I actually couldn’t get over the difference in my hair. In how it looked, yes, but more importantly how it FELT!!! I have literally never felt my hair so soft and silky, I couldn’t stop touching it. It looked brighter, so much so, it actually looked like I got my colour done. I would highly recommend it, and it can be done on all hair types because there’s a treatment for everyone and it’s tailored to your individual needs. It costs €15 on top of your regular blow dry, which is fantastic value!
Shauna’s Top Tips
Shauna was a fountain of knowledge and in the short time I was with her I had learned so much from her about hair and hair care. I was telling her how I hate to get my hair cut and that I try to avoid it like the plague because even when i get an inch off I feel so naked!! She explained to me the importance of getting a cut regularly because when you have split ends they can actually travel up from the end of your hair toward the root and can even cause breakages from as high as your mid lengths!!!! Like, I cannot be the only one who never knew that. I always heard people say getting your hair cut helps the growth of your hair but never knew HOW, and now I do, so thank you Shauna. Here are some of the other tips I got –
- always double shampoo your hair
- apply the shampoo onto your hair BEFORE wetting it, this helps lift oil and any product build up so much better
- finish washing your hair on a cool rinse, it will add shine, close down the follicles making your hair less frizzy
- finish blow drying your hair on a cool temperature, because this will also make your hair more glossy and less frizzy
- remember HEAT is used to MOULD your hair, whereas COOL is used to SET your hair
- Shauna’s facourite product is the Moroccan Oil Curling Cream, as she has curly hair and it makes it so much more manageable
Shauna is brilliant at her job, and it was so lovely chatting to her, and learning from her. Make sure you give her a follow on Instagram here => ShaunaLloydsHair
The Price List
Find Lloyd’s on Facebook here = > Lloyds Hair and Instagram here => Lloyds Hair Salon Huge thank you to Jessika, Shauna and the team at Lloyd’s for pampering me and giving my hair some much needed love, it was so nice to be on the receiving end for a change. Have you used anything from Moroccan Oil? I’d love to know how you got on…let me know. As ever, any questions at all, don’t hesitate to contact me through any of the ways below.
Facebook – Beauty and the Masseuse
Instagram – Beauty_and_the_Masseuse
Snapchat – sarahdwan1
Twitter – @sdwan
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
About Me – Who am I?