I was honoured to have been invited to Matte to Metallic’s Launch Party for their online store for Makeup Revolution, Freedom Makeup and I Heart Makeup during the week and what an event it was!!! Loved every minute of it…huge congratulations to Jen and Ciara for hosting such a great event. It was on in House, Lower Leeson Street, Dublin, a stunning venue with incredible staff that couldn’t have done enough for the guests. And the food?!! The food was delicious, chicken skewers, pulled pork burgers, bruschetta, I was stuffed leaving! Will definitely be paying another visit when I’m back in Dublin.
Jennifer Donohoe and Ciara Clinton are the brains and beauties behind Matte to Metallic. Two best friends from Dublin, with a passion and skill for makeup, who run their own makeup academy in Dublin and won an award for “Best Blog” in Ireland this year. They were the first people I started following on snapchat, such genuine and lovely girls, a must follow…snapname => mattetometallic Facebook => Matte to Metallic Instagram => mattetometallic The girls are brand ambassadors for Makeup Revolution, Freedom Makeup and I Heart Makeup, here in Ireland, and the brand has being taking off ever since. It is now available to buy online here => mattetometallic.com
Adam Minto, aka Mister Makeup, is the creator of these three brands, they are sold in 36 countries with retail sales of €100 million…so the man really knows his stuff. I was delighted to get to meet him, so friendly and very down to earth. One of his products are sold EVERY SECOND!!! He has created something super affordable but not lacking in quality and I love love love them!
There was an announcement made on the night of the event and that was the launch of a massive competition to become the FACE OF MAKEUP REVOLUTION. If you are the ultimate makeup junkie and are over 18 this competition is for you. The winner will receive a contract with Makeup Revolution, cash prize of A THOUSAND EURO, TEN WEEK MAKEUP COURSE WITH MATTE TO METALLIC, and ONE YEAR’S SUPPLY of Makeup Revolution Products!!! My God, can you imagine winning that prize?! All details are on mattetometallic.com
There were so many people at the event that I love to follow on Snapchat and other social media channels and it was so nice seeing them in person. Just click into the highlighted parts below and have a look at their work on Instagram. Four super talented makeup artists
Gemma, from The_Beauty_Boudoir.
Gemma, from gemmale_makeup
Kelly, from flickofabrush2
Belle, from Belle_makeupartist
Everyone that attended received a goody bag and we were spoiled rotten. They had lots of sets on display as well, as usual, I wanted it all!!! They would make perfect gifts for Christmas, for any makeup lover out there, pro or beginner.
There is a huge range to choose from and each product is as amazing as the next but I’m going to pick my Top 5…
- Makeup Revolution Ultra Strobe Cream (Around €12)
- illuminating primer, so it has a hydrating effect on the skin, as well as giving it a healthy glow. perfect for tired, dull skin in need of a pick me up.
- gives instant radiance and can be applied under foundation or on top, on specific areas(cheekbones, cupids bow), as a gorgeous base for powder highlighter.
- contains an ingredient called glycerin, which basically helps foundation sit better and last longer on your face.
2. Freedom Makeup Pro Studio Fixing Spray (Around €7)
- a makeup artist’s secret weapon. Ask any of them and they will tell you they use a fixing spray at the end.
- holds makeup in place for 12 hours and I’d be lost without it!
- contains Aloe Vera, which has hydrating and soothing effects on the skin, helping to eliminate fine lines.
3. Makeup Revolution Fortune Favours the Brave Eyeshadow Palette (Around €15)
- such a versatile palette, every age, every eye look, any tone
- 30 shades of matte, shimmer and sheen in a beautiful gold palette
- easily go from a day to night time look with it
- beautifully pigmented and a dream to blend
4. Freedom Pro Brow Pomades (Around €7)
- love these so much, incredible quality and doesn’t budge.
- dupe for Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Pomades for a fraction of the price
- gel like formula that is super easy to work with
- available in 11 different shades to suit every skin tone and hair colour
5. I Heart Makeup Blushing Hearts Highlight – Golden Goddess (Around €7)
- triple baked highlighter that will have you seen from space
- highly pigmented and fantastic quality
- everyone needs at least one of these little beauties in their kits
Happy Shopping and don’t forget to enter the competition, what an opportunity for makeup lovers in Ireland. All details on mattetometallic.com. Here’s wishing Jen and Ciara all the success in the world…perfect ambassadors for Makeup Revolution, Freedom Make and I Heart makeup here in Ireland, Adam Minto is a lucky man to have such hardworking, dedicated girls on his team.
Have you tried Makeup Revolution, Freedom Makeup and I Heart yet? If not, you’re missing out! JOIN THE REVOLUTION!!! Any questions don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Facebook – Beauty and the Masseuse
Instagram – Beauty_and_the_Masseuse
Snapchat – sarahdwan1
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
About me – Who am I?